Food-grade home compostable packaging materials that will help to reduce the use of petroleum-based and other contaminating plastics thanks to R&D investments.
As avid trail runners and hikers, Pack2Earth co-founders were horrified to find that thousands of empty sports nutrition packets end up as litter in nature. These packets are made of single use petroleum-based plastics that gradually fragment into microplastics and pollute the environment for hundreds of years.
Pack2Earth has become a leading sustainable packaging R&D&i company and received extensive support and investment from the EU, the Spanish Ministry of Science & Innovation and other leading entities.
So, we thought, how can we change this? We started out wanting to revolutionise sports nutrition with a new offering presented in sustainable packaging, and began an R&D project to develop home compostable materials to manufacture packaging that can be disposed of with organic waste.
Pack2Earth sustainable packaging materials can be acquired under license to manufacture and use on a wide range of products that will help our customers to drive a positive impact in environmental protection.
- Food grade home compostable packaging for long life dry to semi-liquid products
- Bio-based; made from plant matter
- Can be discarded with potato peel & other organic waste in town and city organic waste bins or it can be literally composted at home. Organic waste collection or home composting will be compulsory in all EU states from the end of 2023 (EU Directive 2018/851 ).
- Decomposes into toxin-free compost and can sustain new plant life
- Can be manufactured and used in packaging manufacturers’ and co-packers’ existing machinery, so no CapEx investment is required
- IPR can be licensed for manufacturing